24 March 2014

How to reduce weight? My personal experience

From 2000 until 2014, my body weight gone thru severe changes starting from 70kg, (im 180cm tall), to record high 96kg (2011) and now stable at 80kg (since 2012). I think my transformation is a direct result of mind's perception of weight. Below is my journey:

I left my secondary school in 2000 with 70kg. I since studied abroad, worry free and no fix time to eat, the weight increased and i thought it was ok to gain some weight and it will go down when i work after grad. And when i graduated at 2004, i think i got min 75kg already. What killing the most is when i started to work, higher income means i can eat more (in terms of qty) and the figure roared until 96kg (2008). It was a regular blood test that woke me up. The figure of HBA1C (average sugar content in blood cells for the past 3 months) was over the max limit and the cholesterol level over the max limit. 

I was struck and immediately realised that having fast food 3 times a week is no longer possible. My lifestyle and diet needed to be changed IF i want to live a quality life later on. I changed and all i told myself was i just need to be persistence once my target is set. 

I joined gym and started to workout without a personal trainer. My initial figures were speed 6.0, incline 0.0% for 15min max on cardio machine, 0 weight in barbell bench press. And i changed my diet with 3 enemies identified: FAT, SUGAR, CARBOHYDRATE. It did sound scary from the beginning but im no doing absolute zero like the gym freaks when they go 'cutting'. What i did and maintain until now was just making special order when ordering, i.e. No sugar in my drink, 30% rice compare to what i normally had. That was an intense reduction but it is just for the dropping requirement which i soon found out from below ultimate weight management formula:


Total in - Total out = Changes in your weight/belly 


Example: 

(1) If you eat more food then your burn/exercise, result = increase in weight
(2) If you burn/exercise more than you eat, result = decrease in weight
(3) If you eat and burn the same, result = body weight maintain

Using the above formula i can then make adjustment and the result is overall good. These days, i jog on cardio machine for speed 6.0, incline 8.0% for 30min twice per week (jogging/sweating = burn fat), i want to further down my fat% or weight to around 78kg.  

You can actually read my earlier posts on what is bad food here and how to eat healthier here. Lastly with this post with my ultimate weight management formula, it concludes my thoughts about food that, not only is aesthetically pleasing and taste bud fulfilling (general Instagram culture), but also how it is related to our body and health. If you need more clarifications about above formula, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be more than happy to help you (no fee required, just pure sharing purposes). Lastly, attached 2 picture of mine for comparison... Pai seh... 

None stop eating is easy and pleasing especially foods you love

Perseverance is determined by how strong is your mind and how clear
 is your objective.




No comments:

Post a Comment