21 January 2014

FAQ

So you want to know more about me?

Personal

How do you describe yourself?
I don't like to follow the routine as i do 'odd' things most of the times. Im also very honest to those i care - well, trust is an act of balancing between the evil and angel you (don't mind if you don't understand, it needs another full page to explain). 

What makes your blog special?
Apart from review other's food i do cook myself. Mainly French inspired cooking method like slow cook, sous vide, herbs seasoning... etc. So its up to you to judge when a person does not even know how to cook, how convincing it will be for his comment? Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying bad words but just that here, i will write more from 'insider' point of view for you to understand more about food. 

What do you believe in the world of food/cooking?
Food is a culture that need to be inherited, otherwise it will just vanished. I think unlike electronic gadgets, a good food is made from passions, perseverance and emotions. Fast food is good but they are the same all over - boring. Local and seasonal ingredients are the best as a start. Then from there, just be creative because there are million possibilities to cook and present it and there where i find it is fun in this world. 

How old are you? 
The time im writing this, 31 years and 336 days old. Does it matter ??

What you do to kill time?
I like to cook for those i care and listen to their comment: good or bad; play online game when i have nothing to do; gym, swimming, facial care (to keep myself in good shape); and last but not least blogging for interest. 

Do you have a full time job?
Im currently doing export business which totally has nothing to do with food/cooking. Not yet a full time but time will tell ya. I quit from my family business in Sept 2013. I want to have a career of my own and now is in a very embarrassing stage. 

Why blogging?
Food is a culture. from they way it was prepared to be sold in the market, all the ways it goes thru until you put into your mouth. Its a habit of millions which influencing each and other everyday. I think i can contribute a bit in this matter to promote a healthier preparation and eating habit so that we will have a better body to live a better quality life. I'm doing my part...... 

Not understand still, exactly what you do here?
Well in simple words: I post about the food i cook and also the food i eat. Maybe sometimes some kitchen tips which i think it is useful. or something else related to food/cooking. 

Exposure

Where have you been?
Austria, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Norway, Russia, Singapore, South Afrika, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam.

What type of cuisine/food you still can remember its taste/look?
Viking meal in Copenhagen  (Fermented Herring + raw beef tartare with egg york + liquor = instant vomit). Ram** Burger every where in Malaysia's street. SiChuan's Malak steamboat with various organs from pig/beef = sweating on scalp but have to keep eating. Kaiseki-Ryouri somewhere in Shikoku Japan, the Tomewan is something i can die for. Last but not least, the BBQ pork ribs in Bali Indonesia which can turn me into a beast. 

So from where you get your cooking knowledge?
I never attended to any formal cooking courses. I learn from my mom, grandma, grandpa, cook books and tv program. Its worth to mention here 1 little trick i learn from my grandpa: the amazing use of sugar, while still have some oil, add some sugar to the fried anchovies. The melted sugar will coat the anchovies to prolong its crunchiness with added sweetie taste. 



Tasting/Review

Food tasting is subjective, so how do you make it not just a descriptive good or bad?
Ya ya, i know it is very subjective so just simply saying good or bad is not enough, in fact, not pro at all. So i say a food is bad, im talking there are excessive grease underneath the veg, the ingredient(s) is over/under cooked, over priced, generic sauces, artificial colorants....etc etc. But you might want to see below criteria to make it a fair game. 

So what is your criteria for the review?
Make it a bit further, i think a complete good eating experience must consist of five elements: (1) Taste/Texture (2) Food Presentation (3) Price (4) Service (5) Atmosphere and that lead to only 4 possible conclusions: (a) will go when free (b) will go if around there (c) will purposely make a trip to go there (d) none of above. 

Again, it is a very subjective when it comes to scoring but again, i will make sure all reviews are conducted under the above mentioned guidelines to ensure its a fair game for all. 


Preferences 

What I Like:
(1) Fresh Thymes and Lemon Zest
(2) Sprinkle Grounded Black Pepper to Dishes
(3) Eat My Food when I Serve you
(4) Beef, Chicken and Pork !!!!
(5) Any stews
(6) Boneless, No-shells, Bean Sprout Shell
(7) Milk !!!!!!!  only the fresh one 



What I Dont:
(1) Stench of Raw Fishes (especially black pomfret)
(2) Mutton
(3) Bean Sprout Shell
(4) Cheap pungent wine

Advertisement

Email me for your Restaurant / Product Review. I accept conventional advertisement too. However, please read more detail in the Disclaimer for some T&C about advertising here in this blog

Contact

In case i missed anything simply you would like to contact me, write to me directly maxmax5contact[at]gmail dot com



No comments:

Post a Comment